Social Isolation Activities
Who says we can’t make The FAIRtax go “viral” when we are hunkered down to stop the spread of the Corona Virus?
Indeed, we want all of you to follow all the Centers for Disease Control guidelines to be safe and healthy. Clean your hands often, avoid close contact, stay home if you’re sick, cover coughs and sneezes, wear a facemask if you are sick, clean and disinfect.
These guidelines don’t leave much room for spreading The FAIRtax for in person events. We had to reschedule a visit to a Congress Member. We also had to cancel a table at a local mini-convention, which is now being held by video conference. And who knows if we can host our April 15 kickoff activities?
However, there are still activities you can do from the comfort of your home. On their 3/14/20 Podcast #204 of The FAIRtax Power Radio, FAIRtax Guys Bob Paxton and Ron Maiellaro came up with a list of suggestions:
- Share FAIRtax Power Radio videos you can find at these locations. Of course, there are other FAIRtax materials you find on those Websites.
- Since you are reading The Grassroots Corner, you don’t need to be told to "Join" The FAIRtax. Howver, you can Invite your friends, colleagues and family to join with us
- Just have them go to our Homepage and scroll down a little to input their info into the “Get Updates” form to receive our weekly FAIRtax updates through The Chairman’s Report & The Grassroots Corner. Click on the image to be taken to the page
- Although you don’t have to donate to join with us, you can “up your game” by joining the “1040 Club”. Our 1040 Club members contribute $10.40 each month to Americans For Fair Taxation. Simply click here to become a 1040 member
- Call into talk shows. If you can’t get through to a major national talk show, try a talk show in your area. Click here to source contact info for radio stations near you
- Write a letter to your local editor. We have no more print newspaper in my town, but we have widely read e-newspapers under the names Tap & Patch. The papers may be different in your area. Keep your letter to 200-250 words and be direct about expressing your views on The FAIRtax
Although this wasn’t mentioned in The FAIRtax Power Radio Program #204 look beyond the current crisis and plan future activity. We want to come out of the gate like Sir Winston.
The FAIRtax is a great idea. What are your activities to make it go “viral”?
We’ve Got You Covered
If You Let Us Know
As a reminder, we have event insurance coverage available, but you have to let us know. Once the event is underway, it’s too late. If you are planning an event, let me know the who-what-when and where, and I will get you a certificate of insurance.
Call For Pictures & WriteUps
We need more of you to send in pictures and news. If you have anything to share, please Click here to email me your material, text me 908-578-4975, Fax me 908-598-2888.
When others see your activity, they are inspired, and the process snowballs. When the process snowballs, Representatives, Senators and, yes, even the President start to take notice and listen to Us.
Don’t forget to order your FAIRtax gear.
Click here to visit The FAIRtax Logo Store
Yours In Liberty! Yours In Freedom!
AFFT Grassroots Coordinator & Secretary