HOW YOU CAN HELP PASS FAIRTAX WITH SOCIAL MEDIA
Media, and particularly Social Media, is one of the three legs of our stool. The other two are contact with candidates and our elected representatives and grassroots development and activity. President Obama’s first run for the Presidency underscored the power of Social Media.
Marketing and Communications Team Co-Chair, Randy Fischer, explains how each of us can help make the FAIRtax more effective on Social Media. Randy writes:
“Nearly everyone today has one or more social media accounts. Many use them to connect with old classmates, friends and former coworkers. You can exchange photos of children and grandchildren as easily as you can find and exchange recipes, and your public policy views.
“So how can you expand your social media to support and promote FAIRtax? Here are some ways:
- Expand your network by sending out some friend requests or looking for people/groups to “follow” on Twitter;
- Go go facebook.org/fairtax, “follow” the page and hit “Like”, “Love”, “Wow” or any of the reaction options on every post, then hit “Share”, add a comment and set the “button” from “Friends” to public. Add a comment to the post or reply to comments already on the post.
- Go on Twitter to @FairTaxOfficial and hit “♥️” to support the post and then hit “retweet” to send the post out to people who follow you on Twitter.
- Comment and reply to comments but keep it focused on education and not argument. Set up a list of “links” you can copy and paste in to your comment or reply such as:
d. What is FAIRtax animation https://youtu.be/7b7YrxMjsa0
e. What is the Prebate animation https://youtu.be/HTOOw7u_lsI
f. FAIRtax USA join at member.FAIRtax.org
5. Find the social media pages or accounts of your Congressman and Senator and if possible ask them about support of FAIRtax (or lack of it) in reply to posts.
“Remember your goal is to educate and persuade. Report your success to the Grassroots Coordinator Jim Bennett at jim.Bennett@FAIRtax.org or randy.Fischer@FAIRtax.org. Find both of us on Facebook and reach out with a message and friend request. Social media is truly multilevel marketing. You can double, triple, and quadruple your impact when friends of friends and friends of their friends share a post. See you on social media.”
Randy Fischer spent 36 years litigating in the courts of Florida as an advocate defending mainly personal injury claims against property owners and businesses. He became interested in FAIRtax in 1999 after years of wrangling with the IRS for himself and for his clients who were in need of information.
Since retirement in 2012, Randy has served on the Board of Directors of the Florida FairTax Educational Association focused on marketing, communication and social media and in 2014 assumed that same role on the Board of Directors of the Americans For Fair Taxation. He has co-chaired a Marketing and Communications Committee, edited social media pages like facebook.com/fairtax and twitter.com/fairtaxofficial. He coordinates a variety of marketing including FAIRtax Power Radio, and helps to edit The FAIRtax Friday.
Randy has spent the past year helping to create FAIRtaxUSA and writes about our new FAIRtax Community today.
CALL FOR PICTURES AND WRITEUPS
We need MORE of you to send in pictures and news. If you have anything to share, please send your material to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text me at (908) 578-4975, or fax me at (908) 598-2888. When others see your activity, they are inspired, and the process snowballs. When the process snowballs, Congress Members and Senators and, yes, even the President start to listen.