To all of our FAIRtax Supporters, on behalf of Americans For Fair Taxation, I want to extend our best wishes for a wonderful and enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday!
On the 20th day of October, 1864, Abraham Lincoln proclaimed the last Thursday of November was to be a day of Thanksgiving. Here is in part the text of his proclamation:
Now, therefore, I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, do hereby appoint and set apart the last Thursday in November next as a day which I desire to be observed by all my fellow-citizens, wherever they may then be, as a day of thanksgiving and praise to Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe.
And I do further recommend to my fellow-citizens aforesaid that on that occasion they do reverently humble themselves in the dust and from thence offer up penitent and fervent prayers and supplications to the Great Disposer of Events for a return of the inestimable blessings of peace, union, and harmony throughout the land which it has pleased Him to assign as a dwelling place for ourselves and for our posterity throughout all generations.
One interesting thing about the above address is even though the U.S. was in the middle of a bloody civil war, Lincoln wasn’t asking for “Almighty God” to help the Union forces defeat the Confederates. He was asking all of the people in our divided country give thanks for the blessings they had received.
If you just follow the headlines from D.C., you would think the chasm existing in our country is too deep to cross. But the American people have core beliefs the rabid people on both sides in D.C. can’t understand. As a people we are basically fair, caring and trusting of our fellow citizens.
D.C. isn’t America!
I was taught when you see something wrong which isn’t easy to fix, you ask, “Who profits?” Generally, there are parties profiting from the problem. Our society doesn’t seem to reward “fixing” problems as much as “dealing with them”.
For example, if a drug company developed a vaccine for all forms of cancer eliminating cancer for 99% of people, they would make lots of money when all of us first got the vaccine, but then, except for new births, the market for their vaccine would collapse.
Oncologists and hospitals would also see rapidly diminishing income from treating cancer as people with cancer were either cured or passed away. Their revenue model would be unsustainable going forward.
You could use the same example of a cure for heart disease, diabetes or a myriad of other illnesses afflicting people, and see the people now providing services to those patients would soon put themselves out of a job if they actually cured the diseases.
That's why there is a good bit of truth in the joke about what the pharmaceutical companies fear in human clinical testing. One is someone might die, and the second is the drug might actually work and render itself unnecessary for a number of years.
"The Ruling Class", "The Swamp" and their minions have a similar problem with The FAIRtax. When We-The-People pass The FAIRtax, a number of their income sources and ways to control the rest of us will go away. They will lose their ability:
- To sell hidden tax benefits to groups who pay them the most money because all the federal taxes we pay would be at the retail level and visible to all
- To hide from us how much each item in the federal budget is costing us
- To keep all of us so confused we can’t see the cost of the programs benefitting only their friends and themselves but we all pay for with our taxes
- To threaten groups of us by saying they are going to confiscate wealth over a certain amount and if we are not obedient servants, they will make sure their scheme reaches down to us
- To sell tariff benefits because The FAIRtax makes our exports much more competitive and, for the first time, taxes imports like all of our trading partners
- To tell us to ignore the $9 trillion of tax evasion under the income-payroll-tax-system because every dollar of evasion could be traced directly to the amount The FAIRtax rate would have to be increased, and all of us will be interested in seeing our FAIRtax rate go down
- To threaten us with the demise of Social Security & Medicare because The FAIRtax ensures the future solvency of these programs. The FAIRtax would spread the cost of Social Security and Medicare over the entire consuming population and not make them continue to rely on a diminishing number of workers
- To tell us only a few will have to pay for a benefit or a program because all of us could see the true cost of government in the amount of FAIRtax we have to pay
As we have Thanksgiving with our families and friends, we should be thankful for all of the benefits of living in our great nation. However, we should also be aware the benefits of living here will be increased greatly when we pass The FAIRtax.
Passing The FAIRtax, the only “Fair tax”, will free all of us from the confusion and disarray now necessary for "The Ruling Class" and "The Swamp" to continue to fleece the American people and control us.
It's time for Congress to have serious discussions about replacing the FAILED income-payroll-tax-system with The FAIRtax, the only truly "Fair tax"!
The author George Bernard Shaw said these words in a play he wrote, You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”
Isn’t it time for us to ask, “Why not?”
President Trump, “Embrace the FAIRtax, the only Fair Tax the only fair tax and the only real tax reform! Stand up to the Swamp. They will oppose you anyway because they see you as a threat. What have you got to lose?”
The truth is the truth. Remember, if we don't continue to tell the truth and demand a change, then this quote from George Orwell's 1984 may foretell our children's future:
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
Take Back America Again! Pass The FAIRtax Now!
FAIRtax Online Resources
Americans For Fair Taxation - Home Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - Facebook Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - YouTube Channel (The Chairman's Report is now posted here)
Americans For Fair Taxation - Twitter Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on Spreaker posted Fridays at 6am-ET
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on Apple
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on iHeart Radio
Official FAIRtax Logo Store
The FAIRtax Guys - Home Page
The FAIRtax Guys - Facebook Page
The FAIRtax Guys - YouTube Channel
PopVox - The People’s Voice On All Things Legislative
Read Evasion Study Summary
The FAIRtax Guys
Ron Maiellaro & Bob Paxton perform their FAIRtax Power Digital-TV Show & Podcast. When the show streams to Facebook, The FAIRtax Guys plus a few AFFT experts are responding “live” to your comments and questions. A free app is available for iOS and Android.
Digital TV: Tue-8PM-ET Americans For Fair Taxation - Facebook Page
Podcasts: Tue-9PM-ET Posted on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts & iHeart Radio.
Digital TV are available on The FAIRtax Guys
This week's Episode #188 - "The Thanksgiving Show"
In this episode, The Grassroots Report focuses on Manny from Orange Park, FL who has been promoting The FAIRtax for many years and recently set up a booth at the annual Fall Festival in Orange Park. Listen as Manny explains his technique for drawing people’s attention to the booth and getting them to sign up for FAIRtax updates.
Then we turn our attention to other hard working and dedicated FAIRtax Volunteers. The FAIRtax Guys present The FAIRtax Mobile Command Center, The FAIRtax Hot Rod and their owners. You won’t believe the lengths some will go to educate the public about The FAIRtax.
Finally, The Guys give us more reasons to look forward to and be thankful for the many benefits The FAIRtax will bring to our country when we pass H.R. 25.
We hope you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with family and friends and you share FAIRtax Power Radio with everyone.
There’s always more in FAIRtax Power Radio such as a reminder of the promotional items available now at Our Store and a review of Jim Bennett’s Grassroots Corner Report.
What Can Each Of Us Do?
Call the local and DC offices of your Representative and 2 Senators. Use the following script:
- I am sure Representative ____ or Senator ____ is in favor of everyone obeying the income tax laws.
- After they assure you their boss is not in favor of anyone breaking the law, ask if they are aware of the Cebula study showing $9 trillion of evaded income-payroll taxes over the next 10 years.
- Since most will say they don’t believe their boss has seen the study, drop off a copy, email a copy or click Read Evasion Study Summary and copy/paste the link into an email.
- Say you are going to call back in a week and ask what the Representative or Senator is going to do to stop this evasion.
- In a week, call back and ask specifically what the Representative or Senator is going to do to enforce the law.
- They probably will say their boss believes simplifying the income tax will handle the problem.
- Explain, when people evade income taxes, they are also evading the 15.3% payroll/Medicare tax and state income tax. So, it’s unlikely they are going to pay 30-40% when they were paying 0% because they have already decided it’s okay to cheat.
- Say, the only way to reduce evasion is to increase by tens or hundreds of thousands the number of comprehensive IRS audits done each year.
- Point out Evaders do not self-identify by putting an “E” on their income tax return.
- 80% of the people likely to be audited are trying to comply, but they will be forced to endure these IRS audits as well.
- Ask if the Member is in favor of this?
- If they say no, then ask again how the Member proposes to stop people breaking the income tax laws.
- Then explain the way to handle evasion without unleashing the IRS audits is The FAIRtax.
- If you meet with your Representative or attend a town hall and ask these questions, you will be even more effective.
American's Big Solution - The FAIRtax Primer America Needs
Hard to believe but there still are people who have not heard of The FAIRtax. For those people, America’s Big Solution provides a starting point in their study of The FAIRtax and is meant for any age.
America’s Big Solution is an introduction to The FAIRtax written by Terry Tibbetts, author of “A Spartan Game: The Life and Loss of Don Holleder”, with help from Ron Maiellaro, President The Florida FAIRtax Educational Association. You can buy an electronic version for only $2.99 for the Amazon Kindle, the Barnes & Noble Nook and Apple iOS. You can purchase a print copy at the same Amazon link above for $9.25.
Thank You for Opening The FAIRtax Chronicles, Our Sponsored Mailings
We plan to do several of these mailings each month. If you take a minute to open the sponsored emails and click through to the website, you are making an in kind contribution to AFFT. It is not required to actually make a purchase, but your minute of time will ensure AFFT is paid ever larger amounts from people paying for us to send their offers to our Supporters.
Again, we are making every effort to ensure we work with only reputable companies. If you feel any FAIRtax-sponsored email is objectionable, please email us and tell us why. You can also opt to not receive these sponsored email messages but still receive FAIRtax emails.
Thank you for staying FAIRtax strong!
Yours In Liberty!
Chairman, Americans For Fair Taxation
Help FAIRtax Get In The Presidential Debates in 2020
Enacting the FAIRtax must be a prominent topic on the Presidential Debate stage. We did it before, we can do it again, but we need your help!