Is The Feeding Frenzy Ending For The Swamp?
Throughout history there have been many instances when 1 group became the ruling class. Their success and fortunes were sourced not from useful creations benefitting many but from taking advantage of the blood, sweat, and tears of the many. Unfortunately, it is the practice rather than the exception in history.
These groups often ignored the warning signs of their “subjects” getting ready to revolt. In retrospect, historians have often been amazed at how a ruling class failed to take certain steps in time to avoid the masses rebelling.
It’s obvious passing The FAIRtax is seen as a direct threat to The Swamp and their allies in Congress because it will dramatically reduce their income and their control over us. The election of President Trump was seen by many analysts as in large part a message to The Swamp, the people were realizing their interests were secondary to those of a “ruling elite”.
The Swamp either didn’t get the message or decided to arrogantly ignore the message from the people. They are not willing to stop enriching themselves and their friends by doing what is best for them even though they know it harms the rest of us.
The Swamp and their allies in Congress are making the same mistakes which led to the guillotine for Louis XVI and the basement execution of Tsar Nicholas and his family. While we don’t expect The Swamp will suffer the fate of these despots, their time to take advantage of the rest of us is coming to an end.
The Constitution Protects Us Against The Swamp
The authors of our U.S. Constitution had a profound distrust of government at all levels. They knew from history governments grew into an organism serving itself and not the people. For this reason they wrote Article V into the U.S. Constitution.
Article V gives The States the power to call a Convention Of States (COS) to propose amendments. It takes 34 States to call the convention and 38 to ratify any proposed amendments. Currently there are 15 States who have passed their needed resolution and the list is growing.
Each State ratifying the COS is another shot across the bow of The Swamp. Ultimately, the members of Congress may wake up and try to do things really in the best interest of the people but if they don't do this soon then the COS will do it for them.
Phil Hinson’s Recent Post
Phil Hinson is a long-time supporter of The FAIRtax and one of its more knowledgeable and articulate advocates. Phil has decided the COS is absolutely necessary if the American people are going to break free of the shackles of The Swamp and their allies in Congress. This is his recent post we want to share.
Our Founding Fathers didn’t always refer to the type of government they were creating in the same way. Benjamin Franklin famously answered a questioner if the Constitution created a republic or a monarchy. Franklin replied, as he left the Constitutional Convention, “A republic if you can keep it.”
James Madison answered the question by using “Representative Democracy” sometimes and “Republic” other times. Here are 2 Madison quotes illustrating this point:
“The effect of [a representative democracy is] to refine and enlarge the public views, by passing them through the medium of a chosen body of citizens, whose wisdom may best discern the true interest of the nation.”
“It is of great importance in a republic, not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers, but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part.”
Today, it is obvious a group of politicians-lobbyists-bureaucrats (the ruling class) have decided what is best is what is best for them, even if it doesn’t benefit us, "their subjects". To accomplish their purposes, the ruling class has imposed more and more limitations on our basic liberties and freedoms.
The Founding Fathers would be uniformly horrified if they saw what their creation had devolved into today. They would not recognize what they had created. They would ask why "We The People" didn't use the Article V Convention, the very power they had put into the Constitution to protect against this type of terrible outrage by a ruling class being perpetrated on the people.
My thought process while considering what I could do to address this usurpation of our country by the ruling class led me to look at the safeguard The Founding Fathers inserted in the Constitution, The Convention Of States. I am VERY results oriented and I simply do not see another way of addressing the growing chasm between "We The People" and the ruling class. Perhaps there is a better way, but my 30+ years of experience speaking with politicians always points me to the COS. While they say they heard me, almost always they act in accordance with the directions of the ruling class.
The ruling class has proven over and over if there is a proposed solution diluting their power they will oppose it and prevent it from happening. Again, most of them see us as their subjects and our job is to support whatever objectives benefitting the ruling class. They see no reason to listen to us because they “know best.”
Our governments, without the trust of "We The People", can only be sustained by force and even this eventually leads to a revolt of the oppressed. Therefore, #1 PRIORITY for ALL Americans, irrespective of their ideological leanings or political party affiliation is to restore again "In GOD We Trust" these United States Of America, to the founding philosophy which birthed our great nation.
While I am well aware this course of action is not risk-free, I am also reminded:
- This nation wasn't formed on risk avoidance and risk avoidance has never been the be-all and end-all of the various policy decisions which made this the freest and most prosperous nation on earth. As Dr. Tom Coburn has stated, "our national character has always been one elevating courage over fear. This is the heritage all of us Americans carry with us".
- The risks, according to Professor Antonin Scalia (who would subsequently become a Supreme Court Justice) are quite nominal and reasonable relative to the potential rewards. That is to say, is this nation worth taking some minimal risk to save or do we simply stand by and watch a legacy prior generations have fought and bled for evaporate into thin air or do we do everything in our power to stop it?
I simply refuse to be paralyzed by fear and watch the disintegration of our great nation simply because there were no risk-free alternatives.
The Swamp and their allies in Congress like the present income-payroll tax system because of the compulsory contribution each of us must make. They can directly “threaten” us by reducing the amount of money each of us have to take care of our families and because The Swamp is growing richer and richer.
When I was growing up there was an old joke about someone wanting to cross the street and they asked their companion to look to the right to see if there was anything coming. When they heard the reply, “nothing but a greyhound”, they stepped into the street and were run-over by a Greyhound bus.
Well the COS is coming! If Congress wakes up in time and starts doing the “right thing” (in other words, founding philosophy), much of the momentum for the COS will slow down. If they stay oblivious, then the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of a train coming to run them over.
Isn’t it time for us to reclaim our freedom from The Swamp and their allies in Congress by putting us back in control?
Anyone who truly cares about the American people say, “It is time to pass The FAIRtax, the only “Fair Tax”!
The author George Bernard Shaw said, "You see things; and you say “Why”. But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why Not”.
We say to you President Trump, “Embrace The FAIRtax and real tax reform! Stand up to The Swamp. They will oppose you anyway because they see you as a threat. What have you got to lose?”
The truth is the truth. Remember, if we don't continue to tell the truth and demand a change, then this quote from George Orwell's 1984 may foretell our children's future: “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
Take Back America Again! Pass The FAIRtax Now!
FAIRtax Online Resources
Americans For Fair Taxation - Home Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - Facebook Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - YouTube Channel
Americans For Fair Taxation - Twitter Page
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on Spreaker
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on Apple
Americans For Fair Taxation - Chairman's Report Podcast on iHeart Radio
Official FAIRtax Logo Store
The FAIRtax Guys - Home Page
The FAIRtax Guys - Facebook Page
The FAIRtax Guys - YouTube Channel
PopVox - The People’s Voice On All Things Legislative
Read Evasion Study Summary
The FAIRtax Guys
Ron Maiellaro & Bob Paxton perform their FAIRtax Power Digital-TV Show & Podcast. When the show streams to Facebook, The FAIRtax Guys plus a few AFFT experts are responding “live” to your comments and questions. A free app is available for iOS and Android.
Digital TV: Tues-8PM-ET Americans For Fair Taxation - Facebook Page
Digital TV: Wed-7PM-ET The FAIRtax Guys - YouTube Channel
Podcasts: Fri-6AM-ET Posted on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts & iHeart Radio.
Digital TV & Podcasts are available on The FAIRtax Guys - Past Shows
This week's Episode #174 - "Pros and Cons?"
A blogger gets it half right about The FAIRtax. Recently The FAIRtax Guys’ attention was directed to a blog on vittana.org, “20 Big Fair Tax Pros and Cons” . Here is a sample of what they found:
- Yes, it does provide a monthly rebate or Family Consumption Allowance
- Yes, it would give families more control over their tax payments
- No, the tax rate would not have to be changed every year
- No, it will not hurt the poor and favor the rich.
We try to provide something in every episode to help our viewers and listeners become educated about The FAIRtax. So please do what you can to help us create a groundswell of support for The FAIRtax across the entire country. Enjoy this episode and please Share it with others you know.
What Can Each Of Us Do?
Call the local and DC offices of your Representative and 2 Senators. Use the following script:
- I am sure Representative ____ or Senator ____ is in favor of everyone obeying the income tax laws.
- After they assure you their boss is not in favor of anyone breaking the law, ask if they are aware of the Cebula study showing $9 trillion of evaded income-payroll taxes over the next 10 years.
- Since most will say they don’t believe their boss has seen the study, drop off a copy, email a copy or click Read Evasion Study Summary and copy/paste the link into an email.
- Say you are going to call back in a week and ask what the Representative or Senator is going to do to stop this evasion.
- In a week, call back and ask specifically what the Representative or Senator is going to do to enforce the law.
- They probably will say their boss believes simplifying the income tax will handle the problem.
- Explain, when people evade income taxes, they are also evading the 15.3% payroll/Medicare tax and state income tax. So, it’s unlikely they are going to pay 30-40% when they were paying 0% because they have already decided it’s okay to cheat.
- Say, the only way to reduce evasion is to increase by tens or hundreds of thousands the number of comprehensive IRS audits done each year.
- Point out Evaders do not self-identify by putting an “E” on their income tax return.
- 80% of the people likely to be audited are trying to comply, but they will be forced to endure these IRS audits as well.
- Ask if the Member is in favor of this?
- If they say no, then ask again how the Member proposes to stop people breaking the income tax laws.
- Then explain the way to handle evasion without unleashing the IRS audits is The FAIRtax.
- If you meet with your Representative or attend a town hall and ask these questions, you will be even more effective.
American's Big Solution - The FAIRtax Primer America Needs
Hard to believe but there still are people who have not heard of The FAIRtax. For those people, America’s Big Solution provides a starting point in their study of The FAIRtax and is meant for any age.
America’s Big Solution is an introduction to The FAIRtax written by Terry Tibbetts, author of “A Spartan Game: The Life and Loss of Don Holleder”, with help from Ron Maiellaro, President The Florida FAIRtax Educational Association. You can buy an electronic version for only $2.99 for the Amazon Kindle, the Barnes & Noble Nook and Apple iOS. You can purchase a print copy at the same Amazon link above for $9.25.
Thank You for Opening The FAIRtax Chronicles, Our Sponsored Mailings
We plan to do several of these mailings each month. If you take a minute to open the sponsored emails and click through to the website, you are making an in kind contribution to AFFT. It is not required to actually make a purchase, but your minute of time will ensure AFFT is paid ever larger amounts from people paying for us to send their offers to our Supporters.
Again, we are making every effort to ensure we work with only reputable companies. If you feel any FAIRtax-sponsored email is objectionable, please email us and tell us why. You can also opt to not receive these sponsored email messages but still receive FAIRtax emails.
Thank you for staying FAIRtax strong!
Chairman, Americans For Fair Taxation
Help FAIRtax Get In The Presidential Debates in 2020
Enacting the FAIRtax must be a prominent topic on the Presidential Debate stage. We did it before, we can do it again, but we need your help!