SOCIAL MEDIA DECISIONS
Randy Fischer of Ocala, Florida, has some new plans for FAIRtax on social media and wants you to be a part of them. Randy leads our marketing and communications team and puts extensive time into social media - without resting. He is like the city that never sleeps. If you ping him in the middle of the night, you will probably get an answer.
Here are some of Randy’s ideas about social media. Randy says we have a "spot" on Gab but due to time, functionality and lack of engagement he made a decision a while back to focus on Parler and MeWe instead. Unfortunately, neither Parler nor MeWe has worked out. Randy may have time for another platform called Gettr, but we would first have to drop Parler and MeWe.
Randy notes that Truth Social, the Trump social media site, is slated for launch on February 21, 2022. Randy has a spot reserved there. He notes that engaging on Truth Social would be largely “preaching to the choir”, but it will be a really big choir. Randy believes the Truth Social audience could rival Facebook and probably exceed Twitter.
Randy proposes the following:
1. Suspend our activity on MeWe and Parler. Announce that suspension on our other social media outlets.
2. Urge people to find us on Truth Social, www.truthsocial.com, when it is up and running.
3. Ask for other volunteers to help with other platforms. Randy can’t do it all himself.
4. Specifically, we need volunteers to run Gab and to start up on Instagram. Once our presence on Instagram is established, we can connect our Instagram account to our Facebook page.
5. We consider TikTok, although it is owned by a Chinese company named ByteDance. Until TikTok is divested to U.S. interests, there may be a concern that our supporters’ data will be harvested by the Chinese Government.
6. Establish pages on Truth Social in support of efforts to repeal state income taxes in favor of a consumption tax modeled on the FAIRtax. Alabama, Georgia and Nebraska are farthest along in those efforts, but several other states are also looking at getting rid of their state income tax.
7. Keep our presence on Facebook for now, but point out that we are moving away from Facebook because their algorithms may "shadow ban" us.
Shadow banning is the process of blocking a user’s content without the user’s knowledge. To a shadow-banned user, the site appears to function normally. They can still make posts and engage with other people’s posts, but no one else sees what they’re posting. To others, it appears as though the user has gone silent. Do we want to take that risk and keep Facebook anyway so that we are not just preaching to the choir on sites like Truth Social?
We are always looking for volunteers to help run our social media. Randy has specific ideas to put volunteers to work effectively. If you would like to join our Social Media Army, please reach out to Randy at Randy.Fischer@FAIRtax.Org or call (800) FAIRTAX (Randy answers the phone).
I would love to hear from you about how to most effectively wage social media war.
Take Back Control!
🇺🇸 Call For Pictures & WriteUps - When others see your activity, they are inspired, the process snowballs and Representatives, Senators and, yes, even the President start to listen to you and me. Please send your material to me at Jim.Bennett@FAIRtax.org.🇺🇸 The Official FAIRtax Store - Don’t forget to order your FAIRtax gear from the FAIRtax Store.
🇺🇸 We've Got You Covered, If You Let Us Know - If you are planning an event, we have event insurance coverage available for you. Email me the "who-what-where-when" and I will obtain for you a COI. Once the event is underway, it's too late.
🇺🇸 CPAC Finally, save the dates: February 24-27, 2022. Plan to be at the CPAC (“Conservative Political Action Conference) annual convention. We need to turn out in numbers. You don’t need to be a conservative to attend and help the FAIRtax. 1) Go to https://cpac.conservative.org and sign up; and 2) once you do, let Bob Paxton know you did. Contact Bob at (352) 687-3428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.