PRESIDENT BIDEN—HELP US TAKE BACK CONTROL OF OUR TAX SYSTEM?
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, as a noun, control has the following meanings:
- power or authority to guide or manage
- the regulation of economic activity especially by government directive
We all know that living in a civilized society requires us to give up some control.
- We have to obey the speeding laws.
- We have to wait in line at the DMV.
- We have to work, earn income and abide by the rules and policies of our employer.
- We have to pay our bills because if we don’t then we can’t obtain the things that we need to survive.
However, we also know that there is good control and bad control. We are generally happy with good control, but bad control leaves us frustrated and angry.
- Bad control would be:
- The rules are always changing
- The rules are not applied uniformly
- The rules are not always logical
- The rules inhibit our behavior in a very intrusive, arbitrary and unnecessary manner
- The rules are stable, changing only when necessary and for a good reason
- The rules are applied uniformly
- The rules are logical
- The rules allow us the maximum degree of personal freedom
TAXES AND CONTROL
Rulers have used taxes to control their populations for as long as there have been rulers. Rulers know that their subjects can support themselves and their families only with what remains after paying their taxes. They also know that if the ruled believe that taxes are too high for what they are getting the ruled will, as we have now, start to evade the taxes.
The great economist Adam Smith said, Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things.
While no one likes paying taxes, the principles of good control and bad control apply to taxes.
Characteristics of bad control taxes are taxes that:
- Are hard to calculate
- Require submitting often complicated forms
- Are not applied uniformly and are full of exceptions for favored groups
- Finance services that only the rulers want
- Are arbitrary with taxpayers having no control over how much they have to pay
- Are easy to evade so many don’t pay what they should
- Are unpredictable and change frequently and erratically
- Unduly hampers business
- Subsidizes and favors one type of business over another
- Are easy to calculate and pay
- Are applied uniformly with no exceptions
- Finance the services that everyone wants
- Give taxpayers some control over how much they have to pay
- Are hard to evade so everyone pays what they should
- Are predictable and don’t change frequently and erratically
- Don’t unduly hamper business
- Don’t subsidize or favor one type of business over another
President Biden, the characteristics of good control taxes are all present in the FAIRtax.
The FAIRtax is a far more efficient way to generate revenue for the government.
The FAIRtax will:
- Show every person in America multiple times a day the cost of their federal government;
- Reduce the amount of annual increase in the federal debt by at least $1 trillion because it drastically reduces evasion;
- Bring high-paying jobs back to America that are now being forced overseas by the income/payroll tax system;
- Allow each of us to pay less or more tax based on our personal spending decisions and on whether we purchase new or used goods;
- Eliminate tax returns and the IRS;
- Prevent Medicare from running out of money by 2026;
- Convert Social Security from bankruptcy to solvency;
- Rapidly increase the growth of the U.S. economy and the prosperity of all Americans.
MR. PRESIDENT, PUT US BACK IN CONTROL OF THE BASKET—LET US TAKE BACK CONTROL OF HOW MUCH WE PAY THE GOVERNMENT!
What can each of us do?
We can write letters and make calls to our elected representatives demanding that if the government really wants to eliminate the burden of filing income tax returns, they should enact the FAIRtax and do away with tax returns altogether.
The great 18th century Irish statesman Edmund Burke made a statement that applies in many ways,
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
If you want to prevent the IRS from being further weaponized to punish those of us who may object to the D.C. opinions and dictates of what is good for us, then help us PASS THE FAIRTAX!
The IRS will be gone and we will pay our taxes when we make purchases. WE and not D.C. Elites will decide how much federal tax we pay!
If you have friends who don’t know about the FAIRtax, send them to FAIRtax.org. Have them watch the white boards under “How It Works” and, if they agree, ask them to please join us.
Then contact your Members of Congress and the President and demand that Congress pass -the FAIRtax—the only fair tax.
Remember, if we don't continue to tell the truth and demand a change, then this quote from George Orwell's 1984 may foretell our children's future:
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
Is it hopeless? When confronted with a seemingly impossible problem, remember the statement attributed to the author George Bernard Shaw who wrote, You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”
Isn’t it time for us to ask, “Why not?”
HELP BRING ABOUT REAL TAX REFORM AND STOP FUTURE IRS ABUSES
By contributing (investing) $10.40 per month, you help provide a financial base to AFFT. If you can make larger contributions (investments), these will be used not for salaries, as we are all volunteers, but for the needed updates to our economic studies which will be vital in 2017.
Please go to this link to invest in AFFT and in your and your family’s future.