Millennials and Generation Z's Must Demand the FAIRtax!
To be labeled:
- A Baby Boomer, you were born between 1946 and 1964. There are approximately 71 million currently living in the United States.
- Generation X, you were born between 1965 and 1980. There are approximately 65 million currently living in the United States.
- Generation Y, now called Millennials, you were born between 1981 and 1996. There are approximately 73 million currently living in the United States.
- Generation Z, you were born between 1997 and 2012. There are approximately 68 million currently living in the United States.
- Generation A, you were born in 2012 or later. There are approximately 48 million currently living in the United States.
There are compelling reasons for all of us to support enacting the FAIRtax. However, it is especially vital for Millennials and Generation Z if they are to have any hope of enjoying the opportunities and lifestyles that were available to the Baby Boomers and Generation X’s.
Reason #1—Personal Liberty
The basic benefits of being an American are set forth in the Constitution and its amendments. We are supposed to be protected from:
- Unreasonable searches
- Seizures of our property without due process
- Arrests without cause
- Spying without court approval
- Evading state and federal taxes is a crime.
- Those who honestly try to comply with the income tax laws inevitably end up paying more tax to make up for the shortfalls caused by the evaders.
- Much of the income/payroll tax evasion is an expression of outrage against the present D.C. policies and an unfair income/payroll tax system.
- For every person who actually evades their taxes, there are many more who assist in the evasion of taxes by paying cash or by barter of services.
- Full compliance with the law requires that we file complicated tax forms on an annual basis. These forms are filed under penalty of perjury, and are so complicated that most of us have to pay professionals to help us.
- Recent proposals call for the IRS to monitor all of our financial transactions, create a database of our faces and be able to track our movements with our cell phones. This is all without probable cause or approval from any court—clear violations of our Constitutional rights.
- Billions of dollars are needed to provide the IRS with the ability to develop computer systems which will “determine” the amount of federal tax each of us owes.
- If you are going to keep the income/payroll tax system in place, the IRS needs to dramatically expand its ability to stop evasion and this will result in violation of many personal liberties that we previously enjoyed.
Reason #2—Economic Impact
The income/payroll tax system:
- Increases the price of every product made in the US by between 12 and 20 percent. That’s because the costs of corporate taxes levied on every company in the production and distribution chains get passed on down the line until they reach the end consumer.
- Actually subsidizes the imports that compete with American-made products, costing the United States millions of jobs.
- Penalizes U.S. exports by making them more expensive than their foreign counterparts. This lessens demand for US-made goods and hurts American manufacturers.
- Increases the costs of our purchases by a minimum of 15 to 30 percent. That’s because in order to purchase $100 worth of goods, you must earn between $115 and $130 in order to have 100 after-tax dollars.
- Reduces the size of the home loan and car loan for which you qualify because your ability to repay the loan is calculated on your after-tax take-home pay, not your actual earnings.
- Reduces the growth of the U.S. economy.
- Allows special interests to “legally” obtain tax savings not available to the rest of us, but which the rest of us all pay for.
Why is it vital that Millennials and Generation Z support the FAIRtax? The FAIRtax is a 23% national retail sales tax levied only at the time of purchases of new retail goods and retail services. Used goods are not subject to the FAIRtax.
The FAIRtax will:
- Eliminate the income/payroll tax system.
- Eliminate federal withholding and payroll taxes, thus allowing you to bring home your entire paycheck.
- Eliminate tax returns and the IRS. (The FAIRtax is collected by the state sales tax agencies.)
- Eliminate the need for our government to invade our privacy and trample on our Constitutional rights.
- Show us the costs of federal taxes every time we make a retail purchase.
- Reduce the cost of U.S. products.
- Eliminate federal taxes on purchases up to the poverty level for each legal household.
- Stop subsidizing imports and penalizing U.S. exports. (The FAIRtax is collected at the register and only on retail sales of new goods and retail services.)
- Increase the number of high-paying U.S. jobs.
- Eliminate the ability of special interests to purchase special benefits that increase the costs for the rest of us.
- Eliminate an estimated 90% of federal tax evasion.
Millennials and Generation Z, the army you are being asked to join is not shooting bullets or trying to do harm to your fellow Americans.
Instead, the army that you should join is one that is seeking to ensure that you, your children and your grandchildren will live in a country that prides itself on observing Constitutional rights—not violating them and justifying the violations because it is the only way to prop up the corrupt and unnecessary income/payroll tax system.
Join us and TAKE BACK CONTROL OF OUR COUNTRY—NOT WITH BULLETS BUT WITH THE ELIMINATION OF ONE OF THE BIGGEST THREATS TO OUR LIBERTY AND ECONOMIC PROSPERITY—THE INCOME/PAYROLL TAX.
We all should remember Edmund Burke’s warning that applies to our efforts to TAKE BACK CONTROL, “Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
If you want to prevent the IRS from being further weaponized to punish those of us who may object to the D.C. opinions and dictates of what is good for us, then help us PASS THE FAIRTAX!
The IRS will be gone and we will pay our taxes when we make purchases. WE and not D.C. Elites will decide how much federal tax we pay!
If you have friends who don’t know about the FAIRtax, send them to FAIRtax.org. Have them watch the white boards under “How It Works” and, if they agree, ask them to please join us.
Then contact your Members of Congress and the President and demand that Congress pass -the FAIRtax—the only fair tax
Remember, if we don't continue to tell the truth and demand a change, then this quote from George Orwell's 1984 may foretell our children's future:
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
Is it hopeless? When confronted with a seemingly impossible problem, remember the statement attributed to the author George Bernard Shaw who wrote, You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”
Isn’t it time for us to ask, “Why not?”
HELP BRING ABOUT REAL TAX REFORM AND STOP FUTURE IRS ABUSES
By contributing (investing) $10.40 per month, you help provide a financial base to AFFT. If you can make larger contributions (investments), these will be used not for salaries, as we are all volunteers, but for the needed updates to our economic studies which will be vital in 2022.
Please go to this link to invest in AFFT and in your and your family’s future.