INCOME TAX LAWS DON’T APPLY TO D.C. ELITE
In a July 12, 2023 press release, the House Ways and Means Committee listed several key points learned from interviews with IRS employees assigned to the Hunter Biden investigations. Here are some key findings in those transcripts:
1. IRS officials recommended that Hunter Biden be charged with tax crimes, including felonies, starting with tax year 2014.
- From 2014 to 2019, about $17.3 million flowed to Hunter Biden and his associates from Ukraine, Romania, and China, among other global entities. $8.3 million of that went to Hunter Biden specifically.
- During that period, Mr. Biden failed to pay well over $1 million in taxes he owed.
- Biden’s alleged criminal activity includes attempts to evade or defeat taxes, fraud and false statements, and willful failures to file returns, supply information, or pay taxes.
2. Whistleblower testimony pointed to Hunter Biden’s $8.3 million income that includes foreign payments in the form of a large diamond valued at $80,000 and a Porsche worth at least $142,000. A large part of the income came from Chinese entities.
According to whistleblowers, here’s the estimated breakdown of Hunter Biden’s $8.3 million income:
- $100,000 – Total transfers from CEFC China Energy.
- $664,000 – Total transfers from State Energy HK from Rob Walker, a business associate of Hunter Biden.
- $80,000 – Large diamond.
- $142,000 – Porsche.
- $2.6 million – Burisma total net payments to Devon Archer, a business associate of Hunter Biden.
- $1 million – Transfers from Romania company via Rob Walker.
- $2.3 million – Total transfers from Hudson West III LLC net payments to James Biden.
- $325,000 – Capital contribution made into Bohai Harvest for Hunter Biden.
- $859,000 – W-2 payroll receipts.
3. In September 2019, President Biden said “I’ve never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings” – yet President Biden himself is implicated in messages between Hunter Biden and CEFC China Energy officials provided by whistleblowers.
- The Ways and Means Committee obtained a July 30th, 2017, WhatsApp message from Hunter Biden to a CEFC China Energy official, where Hunter Biden wrote:
- "I am sitting here with my father and we would like to understand why the commitment made has not been fulfilled. Tell the director that I would like to resolve this now before it gets out of hand, and now means tonight. And, Z, if I get a call or text from anyone involved in this other than you, Zhang, or the chairman, I will make certain that between the man sitting next to me and every person he knows and my ability to forever hold a grudge that you will regret not following my direction. I am sitting here waiting for the call with my father."
- FBI officials prevented IRS investigators from accessing a laptop that held relevant documents to the investigation including emails relevant at issue, with reference to 10 percent held by Hunter for the “big guy.”
- Investigators were discouraged from seeking a search warrant to follow-up on the WhatsApp messaging and search a physical location because the property in question they would be searching would be the guest house of former Vice President Biden.
4. Whistleblowers testified that investigations into Hunter Biden’s clear tax issues were met with a “Delay, Divulge, and Deny” campaign – that ultimately shielded the President’s son by allowing the statute of limitations to expire on several tax crimes for some of the most key years of violations – those when Joe Biden was the Vice President of the United States.
- DELAY: Recurring unjustified delays pervaded the investigation, according to testimony, including in authenticating the details of message sent between Hunter Biden and Chinese officials. Investigators were told by U.S. Attorney Lesley Wolf that “there is no way” a search warrant for evidence would get approved because the evidence would be found in the guest house of former Vice President Biden.
- DIVULGE: Investigators found out that attorneys for Hunter Biden were tipped off by prosecutors about actions relating to the investigation in advance. For example, even as investigators had probable cause to search a Northern Virginia storage unit in which Hunter Biden had stored files, prosecutors tipped off attorneys for Biden, thus giving Biden and his attorneys the opportunity to gain access to the documents and potentially remove, destroy, or alter relevant evidence. Additionally, prosecutors tipped off various interview subjects in advance of the day of action, which resulted in investigators only being able to interview one out of twelve subjects they sought to meet with that day.
- DENY: Prosecutors instructed investigators not to ask witnesses questions about Joe Biden or references to the “big guy.” Whistleblowers also testified that U.S. Attorney for the District of Delaware David Weiss told them at a meeting on October 7, 2022, that he tried to bring charges in the District of Columbia around March 2022 and was denied. Weiss sought special counsel status from DOJ in the Spring of 2022 and was denied. Investigators later learned that Weiss sought to bring charges in the Central District of California and had that request denied in January 2023.
5. IRS employees said they worked through the chain of command to raise concerns about this “Delay, Divulge, and Deny” campaign – only to be met with hostility and retaliation, leading them to come to the Ways and Means Committee.
- Actions were taken to cut the IRS investigative team out of the process after they raised concerns up their chain of command. The whistleblowers and their entire team were removed from the investigation on May 15, 2023, after blowing the whistle to Congress. One whistleblower was not selected for a position, when he was more qualified than the candidate who was selected. Limits and pauses have been placed on other, unrelated investigations that the whistleblowers are working on – which hamper the investigators’ ability to do their work or meet performance objectives.
6. Attorney General Merrick Garland and U.S. Attorney David Weiss are telling different stories about who was in charge of the investigation – and only one story can be true.
- April 2022 – Garland testifies before the Senate that U.S. Attorney David Weiss is “supervising the investigation” and “is in charge of that investigation.” He also testifies that “there will not be interference of any political or improper kind.”
- March 2023 – Garland again testifies before a Senate Committee and is asked whether U.S. Attorney Weiss had authority to bring charges outside of Delaware without Special Counsel status. Garland replies:
“The U.S. Attorney in Delaware has been advised that he has full authority to make those kind[s] of referrals that you are talking about, or bring cases in other jurisdictions if he feels it's necessary and I will assure that if he does, he will be able to do that…I have promised to ensure that he is able to carry out his investigation and that he be able to run it and if needs to bring it in another jurisdiction he will have full authority to do that.” (emphasis added)
- June 7, 2023 – U.S. Attorney Weiss sends a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan claiming he had full authority over the investigation and to bring charges in the case.
- June 22, 2023 – Ways and Means Committee releases whistleblower testimony, which shows that on October 7, 2022, U.S. Attorney Weiss told the prosecution team that he had referred charges to the U.S. Attorney in the District of Columbia and that the U.S. Attorney declined to bring charges. U.S. Attorney Weiss also told the team that he “is not the deciding person on whether charges are filed.”
- Either Attorney General Garland may have misled Congress on his interference in the investigation, or U.S. Attorney Weiss misled his own team of investigators to avoid bringing charges.
This is only the latest instance where the corruption of the present income/payroll tax system has been exposed. Like the man in the picture above, the D.C. elite believe that they are royalty and exempt from the laws that govern the rest of us.
What do you think is going to happen to the income/payroll tax system evasion rate which the IRS admits exceeds $1 trillion? It will skyrocket!
Yes, D.C. loves the income tax. It is an ATM that never runs out of money for the politicians.
The income/payroll tax system is great for the DC elites, but it’s an unmitigated disaster for the rest of us. Your Senators and Congressional representative are supposed to be working in your best interests. Consequently, any of your elected representatives who don’t support replacing the income/payroll tax system and the IRS with a system that is fair to all, should be voted out of office and replaced by someone who believes in working for the American people and not just for themselves.
Fortunately, Members of Congress don’t have to look far for a tax system that’s vastly superior to the income tax by every conceivable measure. It’s been right under their noses for over 20 years. It’s HR-25, the FAIRtax.
The FAIRtax was designed by a team of economists with no political agenda to push. Their only goal was to come up with the absolute best tax system they could that would fund the government at the same level as the income tax. They spent millions of dollars fine tuning their creation to make it the best it could possibly be.
Still, it’s inevitable that some politicians will try to justify opposing the entire FAIRtax bill because of some perceived flaw. Don’t let them get away with doing that. The income tax that the FAIRtax replaces is FAR from flawless.
If they believe that the FAIRtax bill needs to be amended, then propose the amendments. Those who reject the FAIRtax entirely rather than propose amendments to address their objections are really outing themselves as elitists who are working for themselves, not their constituents.
The FAIRtax transfers power from the government and bureaucrats to the people. We, not the bureaucrats and D.C., decide how much tax we pay.
Congress and D.C. know that there is a better alternative to the present system—the FAIRtax.
Instead of spending time and money doing endless hours of paperwork that don’t create anything of value to yourself, your family or the nation, why not eliminate the unnecessary waste?
Isn’t it time to end this ludicrous tax collection system and the IRS?
When the FAIRtax is enacted, there will be no need to fear being audited by the IRS or raided by armed IRS agents because there will be no more IRS.
There is going to be a vote on the FAIRtax in the House of Representatives. McCarthy and the other elites didn’t want it, but it was forced on them.
We now have the opportunity to force all Members of the House to show where they stand. They can:
- Vote for the present income/payroll tax system or for the FAIRtax.
- Support the corrupt income tax and the IRS or eliminate it. It can’t be any simpler than that.
- Hide the true cost of their government or pass the FAIRtax and show everyone the true cost of government on each retail receipt.
- Support the largest transfer of power from government to the people, the FAIRtax, or not.
Please stand with us and demand that your representative support a much fairer, much simpler and much more efficient way to fund the government—the FAIRtax!
The FAIRtax doesn’t pick winners and losers. Because it taxes spending, not earnings, the FAIRtax lets everyone save for their retirement tax free.
The FAIRtax will allow us to TAKE BACK CONTROL.
The income/payroll tax system is broken and no longer working—we can’t repair it but we can replace it with the FAIRTAX!
Join us and TAKE BACK CONTROL OF OUR COUNTRY AND OUR LIVES—NOT WITH BULLETS BUT WITH THE ELIMINATION OF ONE OF THE BIGGEST THREATS TO OUR LIBERTY AND ECONOMIC PROSPERITY—THE INCOME/PAYROLL TAX.
We all should remember Edmund Burke’s warning that applies to our efforts to TAKE BACK CONTROL,
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
We should also remember this quote from George Orwell's 1984, which, if we do nothing, may foretell your and your children's future:
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
WHAT CAN EACH OF US DO?
We can write letters and make calls to our elected representatives and attend Zoom town hall meetings demanding that if they really want to allow Americans to “TAKE BACK CONTROL”, the first step is to eliminate the income/payroll tax system and enact the FAIRTAX!
TAKE BACK CONTROL! Help us PASS THE FAIRTAX!
HELP BRING ABOUT REAL TAX REFORM AND STOP FUTURE IRS ABUSES
By contributing (investing) $10.40 per month, you help provide a financial base to AFFT. If you can make larger contributions (investments), these will be used not for salaries, as we are all volunteers, but for the needed updates to our economic studies which will be vital for all future years.
Please go to this link to invest in AFFT. It’s an investment in your and your family’s future.