GOVERNOR DESANTIS HAS JOINED THE FIGHT FOR FREEDOM FROM THE IRS
GOVERNOR DESANTIS HAS JOINED THE FIGHT FOR FREEDOM FROM THE IRS
The above photo was taken when Peggy Green-Ernst and I visited with then Congressman DeSantis when we were visiting co-sponsors of the FAIRtax.
Governor DeSantis left Congress and has become the governor of Florida. In a state where recent gubernatorial elections have been decided by one percentage point or less, Governor DeSantis was re-elected by 20 percentage points.
Now, he is being attacked for his co-sponsoring of the FAIRtax while in Congress.
This is not new to Governor DeSantis. When he was running for the Republican nomination for governor, he was attacked by his Republican opponent, Adam Putnam, for his support of the FAIRtax.
This was very unpopular with the Florida voters and in the debate between Ron DeSantis and Adam Putnam, when Putnam criticized DeSantis on the FAIRtax, he was loudly booed. DeSantis won the primary and went on to be elected governor in 2018.
The desperate attacks on the FAIRtax continue to intensify and have even spread to an unlikely source—a political action committee (PAC), MAGA Super PAC; supporting former President Trump. This PAC attacked Governor Ron DeSantis because he co-sponsored HR 25, the FAIRtax bill while in Congress.
While the MAGA attack has been exposed as wildly inaccurate, it has prompted a response from Never Back Down, a PAC supporting Governor DeSantis. The PAC points out the inaccuracies of MAGA’s ad and also contains video of former President Trump favorably mentioning the FAIRtax.
The MAGA attack has an unintended consequence. It has allowed Governor DeSantis to place himself on the side of most of the American people that not only don’t trust the federal government but also really don’t trust the IRS. In a Newsmax interview the Governor said the following:
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has become "a corrupt organization" and Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis would "chuck it out the window" for a "single-rate" taxation system.
- "So, the answer's yes," DeSantis told "The Dana Show" podcast on whether he would sign a law to abolish the IRS. "I think the IRS is a corrupt organization and I think it's not a friend to the average citizen or taxpayer, and so we need something totally different."
- And when asked about a "a fair tax, a flat tax" in lieu of the IRS taxation system, DeSantis sees that as a viable way forward.
- "I've supported all of the single-rate proposals, I think they would be a huge improvement over the current system," DeSantis told host Dana Loesch.
- "And I would be welcoming to take this tax system, chuck it out the window, and do something that's more favorable to the average folks."
- When the Biden administration put in an expansion of the IRS with 87,000 new agents in place, DeSantis said, "Of all the things that have come out of Washington that have been outrageous, this has got to be pretty close to the top," DeSantis said last August, according to Florida Politics. "I think it was basically just the middle finger to the American public, that this is what they think of you."
Now all of the candidates for the Republican nomination will have to answer questions on whether they support the IRS or getting rid of the IRS.
Can they say, with a straight face, that the 87,000 new IRS agents will really not be weapons of the D.C. establishment to further exert control over the American people and groups that oppose their power?
Do they take issue with President Reagan’s famous statement, The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
The American people should thank former President Trump and the MAGA PAC for making the elimination of the IRS a campaign issue.
Instead of dodging the issue, now the candidates of both parties will have to respond to questions of whether it is better to have an IRS or eliminate it.
Of course, there is no way to maintain the present income/payroll tax system without an agency like the IRS.
If the IRS goes, and it should go, then so will go the income/payroll tax system.
The alternative is ready to go—the FAIRtax.
Many in D.C. oppose the FAIRtax because it would transfer power from the government to the people, while at the same time, giving the people a better chance of succeeding on their own.
Isn’t it time to end this ludicrous tax collection system and the IRS?
When the FAIRtax is enacted, there will be no need to fear being audited by the IRS because there will be no more IRS.
Under the FAIRtax, there will be no more tax returns. We will pay our taxes when we make retail purchases of new goods and services.
There is going to be a vote on the FAIRtax in the House of Representatives. McCarthy and the other elites didn’t want it, but it was forced on them.
We now have the opportunity to force all Members of the House to show where they stand. They can:
- Vote for the present income/payroll tax system or for the FAIRtax.
- Support the corrupt income tax and the IRS or eliminate it. It can’t be any simpler than that.
- Hide the true cost of their government or pass the FAIRtax and show everyone the true cost of government on each retail receipt.
- Support the largest transfer of power from government to the people, the FAIRtax, or not.
Please stand with us and demand that your representative support a much fairer, much simpler and much more efficient way to fund the government—the FAIRtax!
The FAIRtax doesn’t pick winners and losers. Because it taxes spending, not earnings, the FAIRtax lets everyone save for their retirement tax free.
The FAIRtax collects the revenue that the federal government needs to operate but does it in a way that has the least impact on our individual freedom and the least impact on our economic prosperity.
There are no tax returns to file and no records to keep. We pay our federal taxes when we make retail purchases of new goods and services, and there is no need for the IRS. If you sell a used couch or used jet ski online, there is no FAIRtax due on that transaction.
The FAIRtax will allow us to TAKE BACK CONTROL.
The income/payroll tax system is broken and no longer working—we can’t repair it but we can replace it with the FAIRTAX!
Join us and TAKE BACK CONTROL OF OUR COUNTRY AND OUR LIVES—NOT WITH BULLETS BUT WITH THE ELIMINATION OF ONE OF THE BIGGEST THREATS TO OUR LIBERTY AND ECONOMIC PROSPERITY—THE INCOME/PAYROLL TAX.
We all should remember Edmund Burke’s warning that applies to our efforts to TAKE BACK CONTROL,
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
We should also remember this quote from George Orwell's 1984, which, if we do nothing, may foretell your and your children's future:
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
WHAT CAN EACH OF US DO?
We can write letters and make calls to our elected representatives and attend Zoom town hall meetings demanding that if they really want to allow Americans to “TAKE BACK CONTROL”, the first step is to eliminate the income/payroll tax system and enact the FAIRTAX!
TAKE BACK CONTROL! Help us PASS THE FAIRTAX!
HELP BRING ABOUT REAL TAX REFORM AND STOP FUTURE IRS ABUSES
By contributing (investing) $10.40 per month, you help provide a financial base to AFFT. If you can make larger contributions (investments), these will be used not for salaries, as we are all volunteers, but for the needed updates to our economic studies which will be vital for all future years.
Please go to this link to invest in AFFT. It’s an investment in your and your family’s future.