IF THE FAIRTAX IS NOT PASSED---HERE IS WHAT UNLEASHING THE IRS MEANS!
Here is a link to the article, and below is a summary of the IRS in action and the future if we don't abolish the income tax and the IRS.
Tony, 68, and Somnuek Thangsongcharoen, 72, immigrated from Thailand to Texas and started Mii's Bridal and Tuxedo in 1983. They never got rich but their store provided them and their family with an income.
In March of 2015, more than 20 armed IRS agents entered their shop. According to a lawsuit filed by the Thangsongcharoen's, the agents gave them two hours to provide the IRS a $10,000 check or they would seize and sell the inventory and equipment. When the $10,000 check was not paid in the time period, the inventory and gowns were seized. Instead of following the requirement to wait ten days before an auction, the IRS asserted that a little used provision which waives the ten day requirement before an auction can be done if storing the seized property would cost the IRS a great expense, perish or waste or become greatly reduced in value.
The lawsuit asserts:
- The government says the family owes $31,400 for the 2005, 2008 and 2010 tax years.
- Also, the IRS said the Thangsongcharoen's attempted to evade federal requirements by making multiple cash deposits under the $10,000 reporting limit, but the couple was never formally charged with breaking the law.
- There was no court finding and the raid was approved by a federal judge based on an affidavit filed by the IRS.
- The taxpayer’s tax returns on file with the IRS reflect that the tax year at issue generated a net operating loss carryover, not a taxable amount and allege that they owed no taxes for those years. The gowns in the shop were worth $615,000.
- The IRS valued all of the inventory and equipment at less than $6,000 and said it would cost more to store it than they would receive at the auction, and this allowed them to auction the goods not in ten days but in four hours.
- The IRS proceeded to auction, some four hours later, the contents the same day. Instead of $6,000, the quick sale netted $17,000--$3.75 per gown.
- The $17,000 of auction proceeds is not sufficient to pay the $31,400 the IRS alleged to be owed. The lead agent brought four children to join the armed agents and tag along during the entire process,” the lawsuit stated. The children sat on a pallet with several boxes of pepperoni pizza while watching events unfold.
- Some of the seizing agents improperly purchased pennies on the dollar items during the auction.
- Agents seized items they shouldn’t have, such as a Vietnam veteran’s hat left at Mii’s to have badges of honor sewed into it, and the IRS refused to return the hat.
- The agents seized video game consoles, a surround-sound music system and a 65-inch TV, which was not authorized by the judge’s order.
If you have members of an agency that can operate without any consequence to themselves, then we can expect individual abuses like the one against the Thangsongcharoen's. Even if the lawsuit filed against the IRS results in a jury verdict of $1,000,000 or more to the victims of this abuse, none of the agents will be punished. All of us will be paying for their abuse of power. In fact, the only way that the agents involved could be punished is if they resisted the order of a superior to carry out this gross abuse.
This is not to say that all IRS agents are gangsters. However, if their boss orders them to collect money that a member of public is "stealing", then what are they doing wrong?
If you are going to have a tax system that must be enforced with human beings, then you have to allow these collectors some protection against being sued personally or being fired if there was a mistake.
The real problem is keeping such a system when you don't have to keep it. The FAIRtax doesn't need the IRS. The FAIRtax doesn't need us to file tax returns.
However, Congress is going to have no choice but to further strengthen the IRS and protect them if they make "mistakes" because that is the only way to even begin to stem the rampant evasion over the next decade.
In George Orwell's 1984, a system was described that was the end product of government taking over all of our lives. There were two quotes from the book that apply here. The first quote is a party leader explaining the truth about the government in charge.
"The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”
However, the one that I believe sums up our future if we keep the income/payroll tax system is this one.
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
WHAT CAN EACH OF US DO
Call up the local or D.C. office of the House Member and two Senators and you can use the following script:
- I am sure that Representative ____ or Senator ____ is in favor of everyone obeying the income tax laws.
- After they assure you that their boss is not in favor of anyone breaking the law, ask if they are aware of the Cebula study showing $9 trillion of evaded income/payroll taxes over the next ten years.
- Since most will say they don’t believe their boss has seen the study, either drop off a copy or get an email address and send a copy to them for their boss.
- Say you are going to call back in a week and ask what the Representative or Senator is going to do to stop this evasion.
- In a week, call back and ask specifically what the Representative or Senator is going to do to enforce the law.
- They probably will say their boss believes that simplifying the income tax will handle the problem.
- Explain that when people evade income taxes, they are also evading the 15.3% payroll/Medicare tax and state income tax. So it is unlikely that they are going to pay 30% or 40% when they were paying 0% because they have already decided it is okay to cheat.
- Say that the only way to reduce evasion is to increase by tens or hundreds of thousands the number of comprehensive IRS audits done each year.
- Point out that Evaders do not self-identify by putting an “E” on their income tax return.
- 80% of the people likely to be audited are trying to comply, but they will be forced to endure these IRS audits as well.
- Ask if the Member is in favor of this?
- If they say no, then ask again how the Member proposes to stop people breaking the income tax laws.
- Then explain that the way to handle evasion without unleashing the IRS audits is the FAIRtax.
HELP BRING ABOUT REAL TAX REFORM AND STOP FUTURE IRS ABUSES
Because of the varied attacks on the Ryan/Brady income tax plan, the White House has announced that they need to start over to determine the best tax plan to propose.
Abraham Lincoln said, “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
We may only have a limited time to stop the fake tax reform being promoted by some in Congress. If it passes, then the Elites will say that we need to wait before we consider any more changes. To stop this fake reform, we must be able to ensure that our message is clearly heard not only by Congress but also by President Trump. To do this we need your help.
By contributing (investing) $10.40 per month, you help provide a financial base to AFFT. If you can make larger contributions (investments), these will be used not for salaries, as we are all volunteers, but for the needed updates to our economic studies which will be vital in 2017.
Please go to this link to invest in AFFT and in your and your family’s future.
TECH TRENDS OF 1776
FAIRTAX POWER RADIO EPISODE #65
The steamboat, the flush toilet and the mouse trap: This week The FAIRtax Guys demonstrate that we don’t need a meddling Congress to create new inventions. Some in Congress seem to think it’s their job to manipulate our lives via the tax code. Not so say The FAIRtax Guys. America saw many great inventions prior to the income tax and will see many more when we get rid of this stifling tax code that punishes hard work and achievement.
On FAIRtax Power Radio last week we declared our independence from the income tax and the IRS. When we pass the FAIRtax, this will be a reality. The FAIRtax will be a second revolution against the tyranny of an out of control IRS and a confusing, convoluted tax system that Congress uses to play class warfare and pit one group against another. The FAIRtax will help us reign in Congress and it will eliminate the IRS. A fitting episode for the week of July 4th.
Help us spread the word about the FAIRtax and FAIRtax Power Radio. Telling your friends and relatives about our free weekly podcasts is a great way to help us garner more support. Help us keep America informed for it is the American people who must demand REAL tax reform.
You can listen to FTPR on any platform - Mac or PC, iPhone or Android. And it’s 100% free.
Listen on Spreaker, iTunes or iHeart Radio on your computer or smartphone. Spreaker, iTunes and iHeart all have free apps. But the easiest way to listen to FTPR on your smartphone is by downloading the free FTPR app. Just search for “FAIRtax Power Radio” in your app store, download the app and start listening. As stated earlier, we post a new episode every Friday morning. Please listen in and tell everyone you know about the FAIRtax Power Radio podcasts.
As stated earlier, we post a new episode every Friday morning. Please listen in and tell everyone you know about the FAIRtax Power Radio podcasts.
Learn more. Get involved. Make it happen!
TWEET TWEET - POST POST - SHARE SHARE
OK, so tweeting and sharing is NOT your thing. You don’t spend all your time Tweeting and Posting but you would appreciate a quick introduction to the FAIRtax. We’ve got just what you need!
Some people prefer to read about a new subject instead of searching a website. If this describes you or someone you know, we have the solution - AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION which is an inexpensive e-book written as an introduction to the FAIRtax.
AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION is available for only $2.99 for the Amazon Kindle, the Barnes & Noble Nook and Apple iOS.
AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION by Florida Volunteer Terry Tibbetts has been written to give people of all ages a basic introduction to the FAIRtax and encourage them to learn more about the most thoroughly researched tax plan ever presented to Congress. It is a light hearted approach to a very serious subject.
Everyone needs to know that we have an alternative to federal income tax and the criminal enterprise known as the IRS. Everyone needs hope and AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION provides that hope. AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION is an alternative to the social media platforms competing for our attention.
You can even purchase a print copy at the same Amazon link above for $9.25. Regardless of whether you choose the electronic format or the print format, you’ll find AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION will give someone the boost they need to begin their study of the FAIRtax and the suggested resources to learn more. Buy AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION now!
THE FAIRTAX® LOGO STORE
SUPPLYING EDUCATIONAL/PROMOTIONAL ITEMS
GREAT STORE NEWS, JULY 2017
SITE-WIDE 20% DISCOUNT PLUS FREE S/H
On the fourth of July we celebrated our Independence Day. A similar freedom movement is gaining grassroot support to replace the current Federal Income Tax System with a simple, efficient, and visible Federal Consumption Tax called the FAIRtax℠, HR-25 and sister Bill S-18.
Accordingly, supporters of HR-25 are now proposing a new Federal Holiday,"The Tax Independence Day", i.e., passage of the FAIRtax℠ in Congress. In honor of this new proposed Holiday, the Store is pleased to offer, for the entire month of July, a 20% discount on all educational promotional supplies plus free shipping/handling on all orders. When you enter the Store, you will see on the home page a discount code which you simply enter during the checkout process and you will receive a 20% discount on your complete order.
If you haven't visited the Store lately, here is a partial list of the educational promotional items you will find on the fairtaxlogostore.org web site:
- Educational Palm Cards,
- Vehicle Sun Shades, Banners,
- Bumper Stickers,
- Educational Business cards,
- Event Stickers and Aprons,
- Polo Shirts and Hats,
- Umbrellas, Tote Bags,
- Educational Books
- Featuring Scrolling Hand Banners ideal for political events...
Plus many for FAIRtax Promotional Items!
July is the month to visit the FAIRtax℠ Store and purchase your supply of FAIRtax℠ Educational Material that you can proudly present/display during summer activities.
Links to More Information
These links will help you promote and support the FAIRtax, make yourself familiar with the links below. We always do our best to keep our AFFT community up to date, and you can stay ahead of the curve using these convenient sites.
- The website of Americans for Fair Taxation
- The FAIRtax website at which you can get involved to help make it happen.
- The Facebook page for Americans for Fair Taxation
- The Facebook page for The FAIRtax Guys
- The Twitter page for Americans for Fair Taxation
- PopVox - Connecting people and lawmakers for more effective participation and better governing
- YouTube channel for AFFT
- Provides FAIRtax promotional materials with authorized AFFT logos.
- Do your shopping, save money and support the AFFT
- The Official FAIRtax Logo Store
Thank You For Opening The FAIRtax Chronicles, Our Sponsored Mailings
We plan to do several of these mailings each month. If you take a minute to open the sponsored emails and click through to the website, you are making an in kind contribution to AFFT. It is not required to actually make a purchase, but your minute of time will ensure that AFFT is paid ever larger amounts from people paying for us to send their offers to our supporters.
Again, we are making every effort to ensure that we work with only reputable companies. If you feel that any FAIRtax-sponsored email is objectionable, please email us at email@example.com and tell us why. You can also opt to not receive these sponsored email messages but still receive FAIRtax emails.
Thank you for staying FAIRtax strong!