NO TAX REFORM ONLY TAX CUTS
Stuart Varney is the host of Varney & Co. on Fox Business News. As Randy discusses in his FAIRtax Friday article, I was a guest on his show Wednesday morning at 10:30 am.
Stuart asserted that, with all of the turmoil in Congress, there is little chance for any real tax reform. Stuart felt that we should be happy with cuts in the amount of taxes confiscated by the government.
He asked me if I would support lowering individual and corporate income taxes? My answer is of course. I support letting people keep their money but that is at best a temporary solution and, knowing Congress, will just increase the deficit more. We have a broken income/payroll tax system and there is an absolute certainty that it will continue to be an incredible drag on our country.
Real Tax Reform
It is time for Congress and the Swamp to understand that we see the game they are playing and we no longer will accept their excuses for not addressing real tax reform. We know the real reason that Congress and the Swamp don't want to really repair the income/payroll tax system is simple--greed.
Lobbyists are paid by special interests to protect their "tax breaks". They see any Congressional proposal to examine these "tax breaks" as a great opportunity to earn huge amounts of money. There is an agreement that a lot of the money poured into D.C. will be used to get the cooperation of Members of Congress.
How do they get this cooperation? The same way that politicians have been encouraged for as long as we have had politicians--with money. Not money paid to them directly but money contributed to their campaigns. I will never forget the U.S. Senator who took me aside and said that I would get a much better reception if FAIRtax had a Pac that could contribute to Members. He wasn't even asking for himself but just pointing out that money opens doors in D.C.
Stuart Varney is a smart man. He knows that the present income/payroll tax system is broken. He also knows that America deserves a sane tax system. He is correct that Congress and the Swamp will not do anything to give us real tax reform.
However, the fact that the present Congress and D.C. Elites are not willing to do real tax reform is not the end of the story. Who appointed them the final authority? We elect the Members of Congress and we are their bosses. We have the ability to say to any of them, "You're Fired!"
Although, the idea of putting money into the hands of Americans is appealing, the real problem is that any "tax cuts" are simply a way for Congress and the Swamp to divert attention away from their unwillingness to confront and handle the income/payroll tax disaster and hope all of us go back to sleep.
Maybe Mark Twain was right about many Members of Congress when he said, "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."
Remember, if we don't continue to tell the truth and demand a change, then this quote from George Orwell's 1984 may foretell our children's future:
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”
WHAT CAN EACH OF US DO
Call up the local or D.C. offices of your House Member and two Senators and you can use the following script:
- I am sure that Representative ____ or Senator ____ is in favor of everyone obeying the income tax laws.
- After they assure you that their boss is not in favor of anyone breaking the law, ask if they are aware of the Cebula study showing $9 trillion of evaded income/payroll taxes over the next ten years.
- Since most will say they don’t believe their boss has seen the study, either drop off a copy or get an email address and send a copy to them for their boss.
- Say you are going to call back in a week and ask what the Representative or Senator is going to do to stop this evasion.
- In a week, call back and ask specifically what the Representative or Senator is going to do to enforce the law.
- They probably will say their boss believes that simplifying the income tax will handle the problem.
- Explain that when people evade income taxes, they are also evading the 15.3% payroll/Medicare tax and state income tax. So it is unlikely that they are going to pay 30% or 40% when they were paying 0% because they have already decided it is okay to cheat.
- Say that the only way to reduce evasion is to increase by tens or hundreds of thousands the number of comprehensive IRS audits done each year.
- Point out that Evaders do not self-identify by putting an “E” on their income tax return.
- 80% of the people likely to be audited are trying to comply, but they will be forced to endure these IRS audits as well.
- Ask if the Member is in favor of this?
- If they say no, then ask again how the Member proposes to stop people breaking the income tax laws.
- Then explain that the way to handle evasion without unleashing the IRS audits is the FAIRtax.
If you can see your Member or attend a town hall and ask these questions, you can be even more effective.
YES, CPA’S LOVE THE FAIRTAX !
FAIRTAX POWER RADIO EPISODE #78
Have you heard someone say “CPAs won’t like the FAIRtax ‘cause it’ll put ‘em all out of business.” In this episode Jade Walle, CPA with a large accounting firm, dispels that myth and explains why the FAIRtax will be a boon to the CPAs of America. Mr. Walle knows what he is talking about. As a CPA of 20 years, he has taken the time to thoroughly educate himself on the FAIRtax and has become an authority. This is part one of the interview. Listen, Learn and Share it with others.
Last week The FAIRtax Guys analyzed the “31 Reasons for Tax Reform” published by the Ways and Means Committee of the US House of Representatives on their website. The FAIRtax Guys discussed why all 31 reasons point to the FAIRtax. Also, did you know that Kevin Brady, Chair of the Ways & Means Committee, was a cosponsor of HR 25 from the beginning in 1999 but is not a cosponsor this year. Do you think politics is getting in the way of doing what’s best for the people of this country? We opine, you decide for yourself.
ARE YOU SPREADING THE WORD ABOUT FAIRTAX POWER RADIO? Telling your friends and relatives about our free weekly podcasts is a great way to help us garner more support. It is the American people who must demand REAL tax reform in Congress. We must inform America about the FAIRtax! Please help us.
You can listen to FTPR on any platform - Mac or PC, iPhone or Android. And it’s 100% free.
Listen on Spreaker.com (http://bit.ly/27oJYlV), iTunes (http://apple.co/1Te8VdF) or iHeart Radio (http://bit.ly/2eqEG7y) on your computer or smartphone. The easiest way to listen to FTPR on your smartphone is by downloading the free FTPR app. Just search for “FAIRtax Power Radio” in your app store, download the app and start listening. If you have trouble finding our free app, download the free Spreaker app.
As stated earlier, we post a new episode every Friday morning. Please listen and tell everyone you know about the FAIRtax Power Radio.
The FAIRtax: Once You Understand It, You’ll Demand It!
DID YOU MISS GETTING YOUR SIGNED COPY OF AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION?
America’s Big Solution is an introduction to the FAIRtax written by Terry Tibbetts, author of A Spartan Game: The Life and Loss of Don Holleder, with help from Ron Maiellaro, President of the Florida FAIRtax Educational Association.
America’s Big Solution is meant for people of any age who would like an introduction to the FAIRtax and would prefer to read about it rather than search online for Tweets, Posts and Shares.
You can buy an electronic version of ABS as follows: AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION is available for only $2.99 for the Amazon Kindle (http://amzn.to/1WIRHry), the Barnes & Noble Nook (http://bit.ly/1XeG8bH) and Apple iOS (http://apple.co/1tnqK0P).
You can purchase a print copy at the same Amazon link above for $9.25. Regardless of whether you choose the electronic format or the print format, you’ll find AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION will give someone the boost they need to begin their study of the FAIRtax and the suggested resources to learn more. Buy AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION now!
LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION
These links will help you promote and support the FAIRtax, make yourself familiar with the links below. We always do our best to keep our AFFT community up to date, and you can stay ahead of the curve using these convenient sites.
- The website of Americans for Fair Taxation
- The FAIRtax website at which you can get involved to help make it happen.
- The Facebook page for Americans for Fair Taxation
- The Facebook page for The FAIRtax Guys
- The Twitter page for Americans for Fair Taxation
- PopVox - Connecting people and lawmakers for more effective participation and better governing
- YouTube channel for AFFT
- Provides FAIRtax promotional materials with authorized AFFT logos.
- Do your shopping, save money and support the AFFT
- The Official FAIRtax Logo Store
Thank You For Opening The FAIRtax Chronicles, Our Sponsored Mailings
We plan to do several of these mailings each month. If you take a minute to open the sponsored emails and click through to the website, you are making an in kind contribution to AFFT. It is not required to actually make a purchase, but your minute of time will ensure that AFFT is paid ever larger amounts from people paying for us to send their offers to our supporters.
Again, we are making every effort to ensure that we work with only reputable companies. If you feel that any FAIRtax-sponsored email is objectionable, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why. You can also opt to not receive these sponsored email messages but still receive FAIRtax emails.
Thank you for staying FAIRtax strong!