To any successful business owner, it is almost incomprehensible when you take a good look at the way Congress and the bureaucracy handles a problem confronting the nation. President Trump, a very successful businessman, is used to seeing a problem, getting the advice of experts on handling the problem and then implementing the solution.
If the people who are supposed to implement the solution don’t implement the solution in a timely manner, President Trump would replace these people with people who will implement the solution.
President Trump’s Tax Proposal
After watching the way Congress and the D.C. Elites reacted to the bill to repeal ObamaCare and the confirmation of Judge Gorsuch, President Trump saw that what was important to many Members of Congress was not what was good for people living outside the D.C. area but what was good for most of the Members of Congress and the D.C. Elites.
Rather than fix the problem, President Trump now understands that to get something done he must do it in smaller steps—no matter how it irritates him because he wants to do the right thing for everyone. This may explain why President Trump’s tax proposal was an improvement over what we presently have, on paper, but far from true reform. Here is a summary of the main features of his tax reform plan released on Wednesday, April 26, 2017:
- Reduces the number of individual tax brackets from seven to three for individuals, which would be set at 10%, 25% and 35%;
- Doubles the standard deduction to $12,000 for a single person and $24,000 for a married couple;
- Repeals the 3.8 percent Medicare surtax that applies to wages and investments above a certain level;
- Undefined tax break for child care cost;
- Elimination of all deductions except home mortgage interest and charitable contributions;
- Eliminates the alternative minimum tax;
- Lowers top corporate tax rate from 35% to 15% for all businesses;
- Top rate of 15% of profits distributed from pass-through businesses like Sub-S corporations and LLC’s;
- One-time tax on the 2.6 trillion of overseas profits so that they can be returned to the U.S;
- Eliminates world-wide tax on corporate income and go to a territorial tax system where U.S. companies only pay corporate tax on U.S. income and not those profits earned in other parts of the world; and
- Eliminates the estate tax.
In his press conference this morning, it was interesting that Speaker Ryan promised that the IRS would become a very service oriented agency to help the American people. Does anyone think, anywhere but in the D.C. parallel universe, that further pulling the teeth of the IRS will have any impact on slowing the $9 trillion of tax evasion that is going to happen in the next decade?
It is not politically popular for Speaker Ryan, the President or any Member to advocate empowering the IRS to conduct many more audits. Instead we see the hypocrisy of calling for enforcement of our immigration laws and other laws but turning a blind eye to the evasion of the income/payroll system.
Our betters, as they believe they are, want us to ignore that even the President’s proposed reforms, better than the present system for sure, are still simply perpetuating a tax system that:
- Keeps the IRS
- Still costs taxpayers billions of dollars a year to try to comply
- Still punishes hard work and savings
- Still punishes U.S. producers because their exports are not border adjustable and imports largely are untaxed
- Puts money in the pockets of lobbyists and ensures more contributions to Members of Congress
- Reduces the growth of the U.S. economy hurting all of us except the Elites
- Will continue to have taxes illegally and criminally evaded--$9 trillion over the next decade.
Do they really think we are that dumb? By reducing the aggressive enforcement of the federal tax laws even more, the people who are now illegally evading taxes will have even less fear of being caught.
We have to keep pointing out the hypocrisy of keeping the income/payroll tax system while not enforcing collection and letting the rest of us pay for the people who have chosen to disobey the law.
The slippery slope is even worse. If it is deemed okay to evade one federal law, why is it not okay to evade other laws? We live in a land where laws have historically protected us. Yet here is Congress and the President encouraging, by their inaction, violation of our laws. This is not going to end well.
In a year or a few years, Congress will be forced to unleash the IRS and demand that they use every means possible to enforce the income tax code. This will be a burden borne by all of us—not just evaders. It is pain and further erosion of our personal liberty caused by many Members of Congress and the D.C. Elites who aren’t willing to do the right thing for the rest of us.
As I read the President’s proposed tax “reform” summary and thought about what it meant, I recalled a statement that Lincoln made after losing his 1858 bid for the U.S. Senate, “Somewhat like the boy in Kentucky who stubbed his toe while running to see his sweetheart. The boy said he was too big to cry but far too badly hurt to laugh.”
- No more IRS audits or harassment;
- Fairer for all;
- Faster economic growth;
- More U.S. jobs;
- Much less illegal evasion;
- Increased personal freedom.
WHAT CAN EACH OF US DO
Call up the local or D.C. office of the House Member and two Senators and you can use the following script:
- I am sure that Representative ____ or Senator ____ is in favor of everyone obeying the income tax laws.
- After they assure you that their boss is not in favor of anyone breaking the law, ask if they are aware of the Cebula study showing $9 trillion of evaded income/payroll taxes over the next ten years.
- Since most will say they don’t believe their boss has seen the study, either drop off a copy or get an email address and send a copy to them for their boss.
- Say you are going to call back in a week and ask what the Representative or Senator is going to do to stop this evasion.
- In a week, call back and ask specifically what the Representative or Senator is going to do to enforce the law.
- They probably will say their boss believes that simplifying the income tax will handle the problem.
- Explain that when people evade income taxes, they are also evading the 15.3% payroll/Medicare tax and state income tax. So it is unlikely that they are going to pay 30% or 40% when they were paying 0% because they have already decided it is okay to cheat.
- Say that the only way to reduce evasion is to increase by tens or hundreds of thousands the number of comprehensive IRS audits done each year.
- Point out that Evaders do not self-identify by putting an “E” on their income tax return.
- 80% of the people likely to be audited are trying to comply, but they will be forced to endure these IRS audits as well.
- Ask if the Member is in favor of this?
- If they say no, then ask again how the Member proposes to stop people breaking the income tax laws.
- Then explain that the way to handle evasion without unleashing the IRS audits is the FAIRtax.
HELP BRING ABOUT REAL TAX REFORM AND STOP FUTURE IRS ABUSES
Because of the varied attacks on the Ryan/Brady income tax plan, the White House has announced that they need to start over to determine the best tax plan to propose.
Abraham Lincoln also said, “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
We may only have a limited time to stop the fake tax reform being promoted by some in Congress. If it passes, then the Elites will say that we need to wait before we consider any more changes. To stop this fake reform, we must be able to ensure that our message is clearly heard not only by Congress but also by President Trump. To do this we need your help.
By contributing (investing) $10.40 per month, you help provide a financial base to AFFT. If you can make larger contributions (investments), these will be used not for salaries, as we are all volunteers, but for the needed updates to our economic studies which will be vital in 2017.
Please go to this link to invest in AFFT and in your and your family’s future.
A NEW FAIRTAX POWER RADIO PODCAST EVERY WEEK
The FAIRtax Guys produce a new podcast every week not only to keep you informed and up to date with efforts to pass the FAIRtax, but to inform others who may not be up to speed with the FAIRtax. We also review the many benefits of the FAIRtax and we remind everyone that the FAIRtax is the ONLY legislation in Congress that eliminates the income tax and the IRS. (Fist Pump!) Please do what you can to let others know about these free podcasts.
The political back and forth in Washington is intriguing; what’s happening with health care reform? Did you see the latest Tweet from the President? When will they tackle tax reform? Does Washington really understand the term “tax reform?”
Telling your friends and relatives about FAIRtax Power Radio is a great way to help us garner more support for it is the American people who will demand REAL tax reform.
You can listen to FTPR on any platform - Mac or PC, iPhone or Android. And it’s 100% free.
Listen on Spreaker, iTunes or iHeart Radio on your computer or smartphone. Spreaker, iTunes and iHeart all have free apps. But the easiest way to listen to FTPR on your smartphone is by downloading the free FTPR app. Just search for “FAIRtax Power Radio” in your app store, download the app and start listening. As stated earlier, we post a new episode every Friday morning. Please listen in and tell everyone you know about the FAIRtax Power Radio podcasts.
As stated earlier, we post a new episode every Friday morning. Please listen in and tell everyone you know about the FAIRtax Power Radio podcasts.
Learn more. Get involved. Make it happen!
SO YOU PREFER TO READ ABOUT THE FAIRTAX?
Some people prefer to read about a new subject. If you know someone like this, we have the solution for you, AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION which is an inexpensive e-book written as an introduction to the FAIRtax.
AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION is available for only $2.99 for the Amazon Kindle, the Barnes & Noble Nook and Apple iOS.
AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION by Florida Volunteer Terry Tibbetts has been written to give people of all ages a basic introduction to the FAIRtax and encourage them to learn more about the most thoroughly researched tax plan ever presented to Congress. It is a light hearted approach to a very serious subject.
Everyone needs to know that we have an alternative to federal income tax and the criminal enterprise known as the IRS. Everyone needs hope and AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION provides that hope. AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION is an alternative to the social media platforms competing for our attention.
You can even purchase a print copy at the same Amazon link above for $9.25. Regardless of whether you choose the electronic format or the print format, you’ll find AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION will give someone the boost they need to begin their study of the FAIRtax and the suggested resources to learn more. Buy AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION now!
Links for Further Information
Please, if you'd like to keep studying and promoting the FAIRtax, make yourself familiar with the links below. We always do our best to keep our AFFT community up to date, and you can stay ahead of the curve using these convenient sites.
- The website of Americans for Fair Taxation
- The FAIRtax website at which you can get involved to help make it happen.
- The Facebook page for Americans for Fair Taxation
- The Facebook page for The FAIRtax Guys
- The Twitter page for Americans for Fair Taxation
- PopVox - Connecting people and lawmakers for more effective participation and better governing
- YouTube channel for AFFT
- Provides FAIRtax promotional materials with authorized AFFT logos.
- Do your shopping, save money and support the AFFT
AFFT National LOGO Store
SUPPLYING EDUCATIONAL/PROMOTIONAL ITEMS
2017 ABS Business Cards Are In Stock Again
BAD NEWS: The first manufacturing run of the aforementioned cards sold out last week.
GOOD NEWS: We just replenished our inventory and we are ready to meet your demand.
These informational business cards are unique and presented in an uncoated finish which allows you to write on the card as needed.
The front side gives bullet points of the FAIRtax℠ concept and references FAIRTAX.ORG and BIGSOLUTION.ORG. The back side of the card presents the 2017 FAIRtax℠ Prebate Schedule. This is a simple FAIRtax℠ presentation all in a compact business card. These 2017 business cards are sold in quantities of 125 units.
Also, you will find other promotional specials when you visit your FAIRtax℠ Store.
Thank You For Opening The FAIRtax Chronicles, Our Sponsored Mailings
We plan to do several of these mailings each month. If you take a minute to open the sponsored emails and click through to the website, you are making an in kind contribution to AFFT. It is not required to actually make a purchase, but your minute of time will ensure that AFFT is paid ever larger amounts from people paying for us to send their offers to our supporters.
Again, we are making every effort to ensure that we work with only reputable companies. If you feel that any FAIRtax-sponsored email is objectionable, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why. You can also opt to not receive these sponsored email messages but still receive FAIRtax emails.
Thank you for staying FAIRtax strong!