LSD is a hallucinatory drug whose manufacture, sale, possession and use was made illegal in the United States in 1965. Dr. Albert Hoffman, a Swiss chemist working at the Sandoz pharmaceutical research laboratory, thought LSD was just another drug when he developed it in 1938. On April 16, 1943, 74 years ago, Dr. Hoffman accidentally consumed LSD. Dr. Hoffman stated, “Last Friday, April 16, 1943, I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant, intoxicated-like condition characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.”
When we hear that some Members of Congress and the D.C. Elites are promoting some changes to the income/payroll tax system and telling us that these are good for us, we wonder if they are under the influence of some drug like LSD.
Our betters, as they believe they are, want us to ignore that they are simply perpetuating a tax system that:
- Keeps the IRS
- Moves jobs overseas
- Costs billions of dollars a year to try to comply
- Punishes hard work and savings
- Punishes U.S. producers
- Puts money in the pockets of lobbyists and contributions to Members of Congress
- Reduces the growth of the U.S. economy hurting all of us except the Elites
- Is increasingly illegally and criminally evaded
Many Members of Congress and the D.C. elites seem to think we are on a hallucinatory drug. They want us to believe that it is right for us to keep the tax system that makes them rich and punishes the rest of us. They want us to ignore the fact that the tax system they want to perpetuate will lose $9 trillion to criminal evasion over the next ten years.
This means that each of us who are paying, or trying to pay, the taxes we legally owe will be forced to make up for the criminal evasion. We will either do it by paying more in taxes or by being saddled with an increasing national debt that is largely required because of illegal and criminal evasion.
As quoted in an op-ed article by Chairman Kevin Brady, “According to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Americans spent more than 8.9 billion hours doing their taxes for 2016--roughly 4.3 million full-time workers doing nothing but tax paperwork all year - equal to the entire populations of Houston, Dallas and Austin combined.”
If these Members of Congress and the Elites were being honest with us, they would explain that the only way to even reduce this illegal and criminal evasion of the income/payroll tax system is to dramatically increase the size and power of the IRS.
These Members boast to their constituents that they are reducing the IRS. Since the IRS is widely seen as a group out of control, most of their constituents applaud the Members for this reduction of the IRS. However, these Members are not explaining that their reduction of IRS enforcement is enabling and encouraging people to continue or to start criminally evading the income/payroll tax system by greatly reducing their chances of getting caught as a result of fewer and fewer audits.
Of course, these Members of Congress and the D.C. Elites also know that increasing dramatically the enforcement of the income/payroll tax laws by the IRS will affect the 80% of the taxpayers who are trying to comply. Because people who are illegally and criminally evading their taxes are only about 20% of tax filers, 80% of the audits will be against people trying to comply.
Does it make sense that because 20% of people need a painful operation, that you should perform the painful operation on the other 80%? No it doesn’t. The only way that it could is if you are living in some sort of dream-like state—like people on LSD or other hallucinatory drugs.
- No more IRS audits or harassment;
- Fairer for all;
- Faster economic growth;
- More U.S. jobs;
- Much less illegal evasion;
- Increased personal freedom.
WHAT CAN EACH OF US DO
Call up the local or D.C. office of the House Member and two Senators and you can use the following script:
- I am sure that Representative ____ or Senator ____ is in favor of everyone obeying the income tax laws.
- After they assure you that their boss is not in favor of anyone breaking the law, ask if they are aware of the Cebula study showing $9 trillion of evaded income/payroll taxes over the next ten years.
- Since most will say they don’t believe their boss has seen the study, either drop off a copy or get an email address and send a copy to them for their boss.
- Say you are going to call back in a week and ask what the Representative or Senator is going to do to stop this evasion.
- In a week, call back and ask specifically what the Representative or Senator is going to do to enforce the law.
- They probably will say their boss believes that simplifying the income tax will handle the problem.
- Explain that when people evade income taxes, they are also evading the 15.3% payroll/Medicare tax and state income tax. So it is unlikely that they are going to pay 30% or 40% when they were paying 0% because they have already decided it is okay to cheat.
- Say that the only way to reduce evasion is to increase by tens or hundreds of thousands the number of comprehensive IRS audits done each year.
- Point out that Evaders do not self-identify by putting an “E” on their income tax return.
- 80% of the people likely to be audited are trying to comply, but they will be forced to endure these IRS audits as well.
- Ask if the Member is in favor of this?
- If they say no, then ask again how the Member proposes to stop people breaking the income tax laws.
- Then explain that the way to handle evasion without unleashing the IRS audits is the FAIRtax.
HELP BRING ABOUT REAL TAX REFORM AND STOP FUTURE IRS ABUSES
Because of the varied attacks on the Ryan/Brady income tax plan, the White House has announced that they need to start over to determine the best tax plan to propose.
Abraham Lincoln also said, “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
We may only have a limited time to stop the fake tax reform being promoted by some in Congress. If it passes, then the Elites will say that we need to wait before we consider any more changes. To stop this fake reform, we must be able to ensure that our message is clearly heard not only by Congress but also by President Trump. To do this we need your help.
By contributing (investing) $10.40 per month, you help provide a financial base to AFFT. If you can make larger contributions (investments), these will be used not for salaries, as we are all volunteers, but for the needed updates to our economic studies which will be vital in 2017.
Please go to this link to invest in AFFT and in your and your family’s future.
A NEW FAIRTAX POWER RADIO PODCAST EVERY WEEK
The FAIRtax Guys produce a new podcast every week not only to keep you informed and up to date with efforts to pass the FAIRtax, but to inform others who may not be up to speed with the FAIRtax. We also review the many benefits of the FAIRtax and we remind everyone that the FAIRtax is the ONLY legislation in Congress that eliminates the income tax and the IRS. (Fist Pump!) Please do what you can to let others know about these free podcasts.
The political back and forth in Washington is intriguing; what’s happening with health care reform? Did you see the latest Tweet from the President? When will they tackle tax reform? Does Washington really understand the term “tax reform?”
Telling your friends and relatives about FAIRtax Power Radio is a great way to help us garner more support for it is the American people who will demand REAL tax reform.
You can listen to FTPR on any platform - Mac or PC, iPhone or Android. And it’s 100% free.
Listen on Spreaker, iTunes or iHeart Radio on your computer or smartphone. Spreaker, iTunes and iHeart all have free apps. But the easiest way to listen to FTPR on your smartphone is by downloading the free FTPR app. Just search for “FAIRtax Power Radio” in your app store, download the app and start listening. As stated earlier, we post a new episode every Friday morning. Please listen in and tell everyone you know about the FAIRtax Power Radio podcasts.
As stated earlier, we post a new episode every Friday morning. Please listen in and tell everyone you know about the FAIRtax Power Radio podcasts.
Learn more. Get involved. Make it happen!
SO YOU PREFER TO READ ABOUT THE FAIRTAX?
Some people prefer to read about a new subject. If you know someone like this, we have the solution for you, AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION which is an inexpensive e-book written as an introduction to the FAIRtax.
AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION is available for only $2.99 for the Amazon Kindle, the Barnes & Noble Nook and Apple iOS.
AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION by Florida Volunteer Terry Tibbetts has been written to give people of all ages a basic introduction to the FAIRtax and encourage them to learn more about the most thoroughly researched tax plan ever presented to Congress. It is a light hearted approach to a very serious subject.
Everyone needs to know that we have an alternative to federal income tax and the criminal enterprise known as the IRS. Everyone needs hope and AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION provides that hope. AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION is an alternative to the social media platforms competing for our attention.
You can even purchase a print copy at the same Amazon link above for $9.25. Regardless of whether you choose the electronic format or the print format, you’ll find AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION will give someone the boost they need to begin their study of the FAIRtax and the suggested resources to learn more. Buy AMERICA’S BIG SOLUTION now!
Links for Further Information
Please, if you'd like to keep studying and promoting the FAIRtax, make yourself familiar with the links below. We always do our best to keep our AFFT community up to date, and you can stay ahead of the curve using these convenient sites.
- The website of Americans for Fair Taxation
- The FAIRtax website at which you can get involved to help make it happen.
- The Facebook page for Americans for Fair Taxation
- The Facebook page for The FAIRtax Guys
- The Twitter page for Americans for Fair Taxation
- PopVox - Connecting people and lawmakers for more effective participation and better governing
- YouTube channel for AFFT
- Provides FAIRtax promotional materials with authorized AFFT logos.
- Do your shopping, save money and support the AFFT
AFFT National LOGO Store
SUPPLYING EDUCATIONAL/PROMOTIONAL ITEMS
2017 ABS Business Cards Are In Stock Again
BAD NEWS: The first manufacturing run of the aforementioned cards sold out last week.
GOOD NEWS: We just replenished our inventory and we are ready to meet your demand.
These informational business cards are unique and presented in an uncoated finish which allows you to write on the card as needed.
The front side gives bullet points of the FAIRtax℠ concept and references FAIRTAX.ORG and BIGSOLUTION.ORG. The back side of the card presents the 2017 FAIRtax℠ Prebate Schedule. This is a simple FAIRtax℠ presentation all in a compact business card. These 2017 business cards are sold in quantities of 125 units.
Also, you will find other promotional specials when you visit your FAIRtax℠ Store.
Thank You For Opening The FAIRtax Chronicles, Our Sponsored Mailings
We plan to do several of these mailings each month. If you take a minute to open the sponsored emails and click through to the website, you are making an in kind contribution to AFFT. It is not required to actually make a purchase, but your minute of time will ensure that AFFT is paid ever larger amounts from people paying for us to send their offers to our supporters.
Again, we are making every effort to ensure that we work with only reputable companies. If you feel that any FAIRtax-sponsored email is objectionable, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why. You can also opt to not receive these sponsored email messages but still receive FAIRtax emails.
Thank you for staying FAIRtax strong!